Metering in ECG has gone through various phases. In 1994, ECG introduced prepayment metering as an alternative to the credit metering to improve its revenue collection efforts.
Prepayment metering since its introduction, has evolved due to technological advancement hence the different technologies associated with the meters in ECG.
Customers have passed on their knowledge from the old systems to the subsequent ones, though the technologies behind their meters are fast changing.
On the occasion of Fathers' Day, we would like to honour all our hardworking and selfless dads at ECG. Most Dads light up the lives of their kids but you go above and beyond the call of duty to ensure the light stays on in our homes. Your sacrifices mostly go unnoticed, yet, you never relent in your efforts to light up our world.
This subject matter has been on my heart for a very long time. However, I have always found it a herculean task writing on it without being too technical. It is a delicate issue that requires a lot of tacts otherwise I will end up confusing my readers.
First, I would have to take the ECG customer through the process a meter goes through before its installation:
- Is it Low Current or Low Voltage?
- Power the Dream - From an Artisan to a PhD candidate
- Don't be left in the Dark
- The control man: the man with the power switch
- Electricity and drones: A love match made in the air.
- Fire Protection Fabric: A Solution to Pole Burning in ECG
- The negative effects of ‘dumsor’ - An ECG engineer’s perspective